E-LEARNING - Helicopter Technical Training for the FRENCH ARMY
The French Army wanted to renovate its computer based educational program, which dated from 1988 and covered the technical training on the Gazelle, Puma and Cougar helicopters.
These goals are reflected by:
• the design and development of Computer Assisted Teaching (CBT), a new solution for an on-line LMS IBM WCL.
• the provision of LMS platform software and content management associates (allowing salability of the system independently)
• the training of staff to administer and develop the online training
In addition to rewriting the existing tutorials, some changes in the educational content were analyzed and implemented to make improvements in terms of ergonomics and interactive educational implementation.
These improvements included:
• replacement of certain pictures and improving animations on a visual level
• the creation of new animations
• the creation of questionnaires and exercises oriented training and self evaluation
• navigation was made faster and more flexible